Mittwoch, 6. April 2011

#135 - Mothers of Invention - We're Only In It For The Money

The album cover is an obvious mockery of  "Sgt. Pepper", and the whole album feels like a 19 song mockery. Yes, 19 songs in 39 minutes. No, make that 9 songs and 5 half song fragments. The rest is more or less noise. Once again I have that feeling that the music is making fun of anyone who takes it seriously, including me. In some songs you can hear signs of great compositions ("Absolutely free"), and I think that Zappa could very well have written an album that would have topped any chart, he just chose not to. Just like a painter who is easily able to paint beautiful sceneries but chooses to draw horrible looking things or abstract mind-bending stuff. So while I don't really get this album, I think I get how it is to be seen.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen