Montag, 11. April 2011

#154 - Quicksilver Messenger Service - Happy Trails

I think I would have used the expression jam rock even if I didn't read that this album contains it. For the most parts this album sounds like a band jamming together, like trying to write a song, or maybe not even that, some songs are more like sound experimentations, although that'd be too high an evaluation, the sounds they create aren't special at all, I could even call them noise. This album has many holes. I can accept that this is a kind of music, but in my opinion they should have practiced a little more and then should have condensed the material into digestable songs that are really songs. I thought it was a little like jazz, only not with the jazzy (dis-)harmonics and the virtuosity on the instruments, which leaves you with...exactly.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen