Montag, 11. April 2011

#155 - Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin

I admit that I'm one of these people who know (and love, at least) "Stairway to heaven" and that's basically it. I know that the chorus of "Whole lotta love" goes something like a fast "Wholelottalove", and I learned that the awesome guitar riff from that Puff Diddy song was originally from Led Zeppelin. Now I can say that I'm partially blown away by their first album. It contains nothing I new, but the epic rocker "Good times, bad times" and the even more epic follow-up "Babe I'm gonna leave you" are really great! Especially the second one shows already signs of the greatness that is to come, it starts as a ballad but gains more and more momentum. Sadly, a lot of the rest of the album goes like this: Bomm........bom-bomm.........bom-bomm.........bom-bomm.........This album......bom-bomm.........bom-bomm.........has the blues.............bom-bomm........bom-bomm. It's the slowest blues I've heard so far, and I'm not a fan of that, and in this context the yelling screaming singing voice gets a little strenuous. But if there are big highlights and other good songs like "Your time is gonna come", I can easily forgive the deep blue lows.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen