Dienstag, 15. März 2011

#1 - Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours


It is said that this album was created after Mr. Sinatra was seperated from a wife of his, and I have to say that you can hear it, the atmosphere is rather melancholy or "blue". The arrangement of the songs is very good, there are strings, winds, piano, all very classy and flawless. The singing of Frank Sinatra is also good, although I don't find his voice particularly special, it's not like it could explain his fame to me. The songs are pleasing to the ear, although I can't say that they stick, it's like lounge music, something that I would play if I host a fancy dinner party. The album sounds like a rainy night, an ash-tray full of cigarettes, a half-empty glass of bourbon with already molten ice-cubes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen