Mittwoch, 30. März 2011

100 albums down, 901 to go

So I heard 100 albums in the last two weeks  - wow, didn't think I would go this far so fast. Time for some thoughts about the whole project. With the exception of the albums I already knew and the occasional re-listen of a song or two, I heard each album only once. With one listen it's not possible to get a deep understanding of any album. But if I listen to every album 10 times, I'll still be writing here in 5 years, so I don't really see another way. I always try to be open about everything I hear, but of course I can't totally get over my tastes. But there were some jazz albums that I liked more than others, so it's not that I shut out any genres or artists. Also I try to keep the review as neutral as possible, no matter if I personally like the album very much or not at all. And in the end, all musical reviews are subjective, so if you want a personal fitting review, listen to the album and judge for yourself. I'm looking forward to the next 100, so let's get started.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen