Dienstag, 22. März 2011

#58 - Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

I have to admit, after I listened to the first song "Like a rolling stone", I immediately listened to it again, and after I finished listening to the album, I listened to it a third time. It's a mezmerizing song gripping you with the yelled desperation in the first chorus line "How does it feel?" and even though it goes on forever, you want to hear it again.This is a big step forward if I compare it with earlier songs, and even though other songs are not that strong, the album is still overall much better then previous albums, it merges the old Dylan folk with modern rock sounds and expands in new structures like the aforementioned song which was a groundbraking 6 minutes long, unheard of for a single, the last track being even 11 minutes long. In the rock arrangements Dylan's voice is not as present and sharp anymore, making the album much more enjoyable. Now I'm looking forward to the next album from him.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen