Mittwoch, 16. März 2011

#23 - Dave Brubeck - Take Five

A jazz album with a hit! "Take five" is a tune probably everybody knows, although I couldn't say where I know it from. For a jazz album this one is really good, the best so far! The instrumentation is very simple, a rythm section with bass and drums, a piano and an alto saxophone, which sounds rather good, more like a clarinette than a saxophone, very smooth and tender. The album title is true to the fact that there are many different time signatures, I gave up counting very soon. I was a little disappointed by the first track "Blue rondo a la turk", expecting something like a jazzed up cover of the wonderful piece from Mozart. But still this is the best of all the jazz that I've heard so far, it's smooth and easy-going and still sophisticated.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen