Donnerstag, 17. März 2011

#36 - Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan

I have to admit, I was glad when this album was over. Not that it's a very bad album, not at all, but it is very unvaried. Guitar right, voice middle, harmonica left - that's it. There are some songs on it that are good, of course the famous "Blowin' in the wind", but the songs are all so much alike, it's strenuous to hear 13 of them, especially with Dylan's nasal voice. I guess this is where I should talk about the great lyricsin these songs, but I won't, because I didn't listen to them, and that might explain my problem with this album. It's 13 sung poems and not 13 songs. But I only hear the songs, so there's definitely something missing. I mean, why is "Blowin' in the wind" world-famous, but "Oxford town" isn't? I'll tell you why, because "Blowin' in the wind" is a catchy and original song. That can't be said of all of the songs on this album though.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen