Donnerstag, 31. März 2011

#111 - Ravi Shankar - Sounds Of India

Another indian album, and again it's not about songs or anything common in western music. Shankar gives a short introduction about the music and the structure in the beginning, which is nice, but he failed to convey a deeper understanding in me. Also I didn't want to spend the whole time counting measures and such, so I just listened freely. I compare this album with this one, as they're both indian instrumentals. This album is not as hypnotic and floating, but of course brimming with indian atmosphere. The sitar is a more exhausting instrument, and there was much fast solo work that wasn't easy to listen to. It was an interesting experience and he is a great player without a doubt, but the music didn't touch me that much.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen